I Wonder . . .

 There is such power in curiosity! 

Unfortunately, we override it with judgment far too often. We assign value to situations and people, rather than simply being curious about them. Why is curiosity such a powerful tool? 

Because it is benign. 

It begets wonder. 

And wonder begets learning and self-discovery. 

And believe it or not, researchers claim that self-discovery is one of the traits the most successful people possess. 

Wonder how to wonder? Ha! 

Here are some examples:

I wonder what would happen if I took a moment to think before I spoke to my husband about being late.

I wonder what it would be like to refrain from sugar for one week (or even just one day).

I wonder how it would feel to go a whole day without gossiping.

I wonder how my relationship with my teenager would change if I praised more than I corrected. 

I wonder what it would be like to practice self-care every day. 

Are you catching on? 

Can you begin to see the value of curiosity, the absolute magic of wonder? I invite you to try this simple, amazing tool in your life. Practice the gift of wonder. Be curious about your thoughts, words, and actions. Wonder about them. 

Hmm . . . I wonder why I feel so hurt when my daughter doesn't want to run errands with me. Dig deeper. Be curious. Is it because I think it means something more? Am I afraid my relationship with my daughter is slipping? Do I resist time alone? What is really going on here?

It's amazing what you will discover about yourself when you are willing to be curious! So, get wondering! 

You've got this! 



0 comments